Many have asked, is a 4 day competition, once a year, a sufficient test to crown the 'Fittest on earth'?.......possibly. But as CrossFit and Dave Castro like to remind us fitness should be tested across 'broad time'.
Flexion has calculated the total points for each male athlete from the 15 Sanctional events plus points from the 2019 CrossFit Games.
The points system we used is the same as the Games relative scoring system.
We divided the events into 3 different scoring tiers – Regular Sanctionals, Super Sanctionals and the Games. Super Sanctionals includes Dubai, Wodapalooza and Rogue Invitational.
Regular Sanctionals - 100
Super Sanctionals - 200
Games - 400
Let’s take a look at the top 40 fittest athletes over the course of the 2019 season.
|5||BJÖRGVIN KARL GUÐMUNDSSON||640|
Travis Mayer 2019 competition results:
- Dubai Fitness Championships - 4th - 168 points
- Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival - 2nd - 188 points
- Rogue Invitational - 6th - 152 points
- Granite Games - 1st - 100 points
- CrossFit Games - 12th - 224 points
- Total - 832 points
Mat Fraser 2019 competition results:
- Dubai Fitness Championships - 1st - 200 points
- Rogue Invitational - 1st - 200 points
- CrossFit Games - 1st - 400 points
- Total - 800 points
We can see Travis competed in 2 more events than Fraser, if Fraser had competed in the same number of events as Travis would he have accrued more points..? Possibly...but as this broader points structure shows the athlete that proved themselves fitter than anyone in 2019 was Travis Mayer.
Leave a comment (all fields required)